Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Charles Stanley Adds Two to the List

Thank you for writing In Touch Ministries.

There are two books that have most impacted Dr. Stanley's life. One of the books that Dr. Stanley mentioned is called "They Found the Secret" by V. Raymond Edmon. It contains biographical sketches of several Christians, but the one that Dr. Stanley most identifies with is Hudson Taylor. Dr. Stanley says: "I read about three paragraphs and I thought to myself, 'Here's a man who feels like I feel!' That short biographical sketch of Hudson Taylor's struggle and his life absolutely changed my life. It gave me hope for the Christian life as a pastor that I had never known before...an insight into God that I had never had. It absolutely worked in my life in a miraculous fashion."

The second book that Dr. Stanley mentioned is "Hudson Taylor's Spiritual Secret" published by Moody Publishers in 1987.

We appreciate your interest and support of the ministry.

God bless you,

In Touch Correspondence Minist

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Yes, it was because of the statements of Dr. Stanley on my radio this week that I've been searching for "They Found the Secret!" After listening to him for years and more recently to his son Andy, I figure anything either of them has to say concerning the Christian faith is reason for a "heads up!"